I guess I am one of the very few who has not allowed volunteers back inside the hospital. We do have 12 of my 35 volunteers working off site assisting with vaccine registration. Of course those have been fully vaccinated. I will say, I think my being out for 3 months due to illness may have cause the delay. However, I was told last week that volunteers may not come back until we see what the Delta variant is going to do. We are already seeing more Covid cases than we did at the peak last year.
We are still open - haven't heard anything about sending volunteers home again. I hope not. I only have about 1/3 of my volunteers back from the first time. Most of the volunteers have gotten their Covid vaccines so I don't foresee the mandate as a problem.
Open and going strong - however some employees are upset now the vaccine is mandated by Vidant...clinical by 10/1 and non-clinical by 12/1. All of my volunteers are vaccinated!
Our volunteer program has not been affected by the rising numbers yet. I've just started onboarding new volunteers with my first orientation scheduled for tomorrow. One of the new volunteer has withdrawn due to COVID concerns and I'm hearing some rumblings from other volunteers that they may take an LOA.
I've heard from several hospitals in FL, where COVID cases are much higher, that their volunteers programs have been suspended again.
I was truly in hopes that the were coming out the other side of this pandemic. It's pretty disheartening that we are moving backwards.
Our volunteers that have not already are required to have the vaccine by September 21st but other than that I have not been told that we need to pull them back out. I hope they don't - our overall numbers took a huge hit, not sure we can survive another one. :)
We are still open and have started to onboard new volunteers. Volunteer will have to be vaccinated very soon. I am hopeful this will allow our program to continue.
How many are closing down programs due to rise in Covid cases in your area? We are beginning to see a rapid increase here in our number of positive cases. We originally allowed volunteers to return (if the wanted to) in April and are now considering if we need to close again till the spike is over. Wanted to see if anyone else is having to make this same decision.