WHAT??? NCHVP Educational WebEx
WHO??? FREE for members!!
WHEN??? Friday, March 8th from 10 am to 11:30 pm
The WebEx will cover the following two topics (45 minutes each)….
1. How can volunteer programs assist with dementia patients? Join Kelly Cross as she shares about Vidant Chowan’s program Comfort Companions. Comfort Companions are volunteers that stay with dementia patients during hospital stays, if the patient is alone or the family needs a break. These dementia trained volunteers, work with clinical staff to keep the patients “entertained and busy”. With busy bags filled with activities, the Comfort Companion has tools to help them throughout their shift.
2. How to handle volunteers who should not continue volunteering due to declining health. One of the hardest tasks as a volunteer supervisor is dealing with an aging volunteer who is no longer able to perform the duties of his/her volunteer role. Join Melinda Scott to learn how to identify the signs a change is needed and how to compassionately accommodate or retire the volunteer.
This WebEx is FREE to all NCHVP members. To register, please email Aubrey Barnard at email@example.com to receive the WebEx Link.
If you are new to healthcare volunteer services management NCHVP will connect you with experienced professionals who will help you piece together the volunteer management puzzle.
NCHVP FIRST Summit was a HUGE Success!! Check out some pics below...
MEMBERS IN ACTION
Register tO ATTEND the Joint NCHVP/SHVL Conference IN CHARLOTTE, NC under the conference tab...
Post a question to the membership
Subscribe and stay informed on Volunteer Management Topics
Network with other members and share resources
TO SUBSCRIBE CLICK ON FORUMS IN TOP MENU AND CLICK "SUBSCRIBE TO FORUM"
TO POST A QUESTION OR TOPIC TO THE MEMBERSHIP PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW
Please contact the Public Relations Chair for education & webinars to share with membership!
Wow, I can’t believe it has been two months since the NCHVP conference. I hope everyone has had a chance to apply at least one of the awesome ideas you learned at conference so far!!
The 2018-2019 NCHVP board met for the first time on May 18, 2018 and we are excited to share with you some of the great work that is being done!
The 2018-2019 NCHVP Goals are…
1. Create a recruitment and retention strategic plan to increase membership by 10%
2. Increase communication and sharing between NCHVP members
3. Increase educational opportunities by hosting two Fall Summit Events and one WebEx to all
Torrey Goard, NCHVP Message
Have a Story to Share! Post your organizational news, inspirational quotes, blogs, etc. to the membership. Members can subscribe to get the latest news/blogs!
Members can post to the Blog & News by logging in. Please click Blog & News at the top of the page. to post.